Fiberglass Molding process can be classified as follows according to the state of reinforcement materials and the variety of fiberglass moulding materials.
(1) Fiber materials: Fiber material is pre-mixed or pre-impregnated into the metal cavities to form composite products at a certain temperature and pressure.
(2) Crushed cloth:The edges and corners of fiberglass cloth or other fabrics, such as linen, organic fibre cloth, asbestos cloth or cotton cloth, dipped in resin glue are cut into pieces by moulding and forming composite products in metal cavities.
(3) Fabric moulding method:preweaves two-dimensional or three-dimensional fabrics into desired shapes by impregnating resin glue, and then puts them into metal cavities to mould composite products.
(4) Lamination moulding method:Glass fibre cloth or other fabrics preimpregnated with resin glue are cut into desired shapes by lamination moulding, and then composite products are moulded in metal moulds.
(5) Winding moulding method:The continuous fibers or cloth (strips) preimpregnated with resin glue are wrapped on the cavities by special winding machine to provide certain tension and temperature, and then placed into the mould to form composite products.
(6) BMC/DMC moulding process: first mixes unsaturated polyester resin, thickening agent, initiator, crosslinking agent, filler, internal demoulding agent and coloring agent into resin paste, impregnates chopped fiber or glass fiber felt, obtains BMC/DMC moulding material, and puts the moulding material into metal mould to moulding composite products.
(7) SMC moulding method: puts the SMC moulding material which is quantitatively removed and cut according to certain shape into metal pair moulds, and forms the composite products with specified size and shape under certain temperature and pressure.
(8) Adsorption preformed blank moulding method: first makes glass fibre into blank which is consistent with the structure, shape and size of the product, and then mixes it with liquid resin in metal pair moulds to moulding composite products.
(9) The unidirectional prepreg (fibers or weft-free cloth)moulding method: is laid along the direction of the principal stress of the product by directional laying moulding, and then the composite product is moulded.
Origin of the Article:Forming Technology and Application of Composite Materials Editor:Professor:Jiakang Huang
It is difficult to discuss in detail each control factor in every step of the preparation process ……